Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said that Ankara “welcomed Hamas’s acceptance of a ceasefire deal in Gaza” urging Israel “to take the same steps.”
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said that Ankara “welcomed Hamas’s acceptance of a ceasefire deal in Gaza” urging Israel “to take the same steps.”
“We welcome Hamas’ announcement that it accepted a cease-fire deal in Gaza with our efforts. Now the same step must be taken by Israel,” Recep Tayyip Erdogan said after a Cabinet meeting on May 6.
Erdoğan also urged “Western actors” to pressure the Israeli government to accept the cease-fire deal.
Hamas told Egyptian and Qatari mediators that it had accepted their Gaza ceasefire proposal, Qatari broadcaster Al Jazeera reported on May 6, citing a leading Hamas official.
Türkiye has repeatedly pressed for a cease-fire in Gaza since the early days of the conflict, and has called on all countries worldwide to help make a deal happen.
Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan announced Türkiye’s decision to join in the case brought by the Republic of South Africa against Israel for genocide at the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
On May 2, the Ministry of Trade declared that it had completely halted trade with Israel, which it had previously restricted in 54 items.
The Court of Appeal has ruled in favor of the “absolute nullity” and “void ab…
In recent days, significant diplomatic activity has been observed in Turkish foreign policy both on…
There was an interesting meeting at the British Embassy in Ankara on the evening of…
At the SAHA defense exhibition, which opened in İstanbul on May 5, the biggest surprise…
The fact that Vice President Cevdet Yılmaz signed the agreement in Yerevan on May 4…
Recent developments over the past week indicate a concerted effort to disrupt the delicate balance…