Yetkin Report

  • Türkçe
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Life
  • Writers
  • Archive
  • Contact

Death toll of floods in Turkey’s Black Sea rises to 58

by YetkinReport / 13 August 2021, Friday / Published in Life
The district of Bozkurt was severely hit by the flood.

At least 58 people lost their lives in the floods after heavy rain hit the western provinces of Turkey’s Black Sea region on Aug. 11.
“48 citizens in Kastamonu, 9 citizens in Sinop and one citizen in Bartın lost their lives due to the flood,” Turkey’s disaster office Afad said in a statement on Aug. 15.

Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said efforts were continuing to reach 77 missing citizens, 66 of them being in Kastamonu, the heart of the disaster. Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) said the number of missing people could be higher.

Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said two ships were sent to the region for the evacuation of people and vehicles in the Türkeli district of the province of Sinop. The ministry released post-disaster satellite images of the region taken from Göktürk-1.

Parliament Speaker Mustafa Şentop said it was a mistake to construct buildings by the rivers in the first place. “I hope we will learn a lesson,” he said on Aug. 14.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan addressed citizens in Kastamonu district of Bozkurt on Aug. 13.

The three provinces have been declared disaster zone to benefit from broader reconstruction funds and efforts. Erdoğan’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) postponed its 20th-anniversary celebrations scheduled for Aug. 14.
Interior Minister Soylu told journalists that the picture in Bozkurt was the heavies flood disaster that he ever witnessed.
Meanwhile, Agriculture and Forestry Minister Bekir Pakdemirli said on his Twitter account that all forest fires in the country were under control.
Many neighborhoods and districts were evacuated in the fires that occurred in Muğla, Antalya, Uşak, Adana, Isparta, Denizli and Aydın that started late last month.

Yeni yazılardan haberdar olun! Lütfen aboneliğinizi güncelleyin.

İstenmeyen posta göndermiyoruz! Daha fazla bilgi için gizlilik politikamızı okuyun.

Aboneliğinizi onaylamak için gelen veya istenmeyen posta kutunuzu kontrol edin.

Tagged under: Bardın, bozkurt, flood, forest feires, kastamonu, Sinop

What you can read next

Sinopia Mantı Evi at Bağdat Caddesi, İstanbul
Olympics postponed due to corona risk projection in July
Covid lockdown in Turkey to end amid lingering questions
  • “Terror-Free Türkiye” Report Voted On Amid Objections: Time to Act19 February 2026
  • Munich: The EU’s Effort to Counter U.S. Pressure and Türkiye’s Position15 February 2026
  • What Erdoğan’s Hardline Appointments to Justice and Interior Reveal11 February 2026
  • Why the Festive Mood When There Are No Concrete Signals from the EU?8 February 2026
  • If Öcalan Is Granted the Right to Hope, It Will Also Apply to Demirtaş and Kavala6 February 2026
  • US–Iran Talks Set for Istanbul, With Nerves on Edge3 February 2026
  • Turkish Bosses Knock on the EU Door but Erdoğan Has a Key, Too2 February 2026
  • A Strategic Choice: Why Letters to Brussels No Longer Move the Needle1 February 2026
  • Casus Belli Ahead of Mitsotakis–Erdoğan Talks?”26 January 2026
  • ISIS and SDF: Two Dummy Variables and the Middle East Matrix23 January 2026
Search the news archive...

Politics

Economy

Life

Writers

Archive

Türkçe

About

Impressum

FAQ

Advertising

Contact

Made with ♥ by tbtcreative.com © 2022 yetkinreport.com All rights reserved.

Yetkin Report     ·      Help     ·      User Agreement     ·      Legal

TOP