Yetkin Report - Murat Yetkin

  • Türkçe
  • Politics
  • Economy
  • Life
  • Writers
  • Archive
  • Contact

Death toll of floods in Turkey’s Black Sea rises to 58

by YetkinReport / 13 August 2021, Friday / Published in Life
The district of Bozkurt was severely hit by the flood.

At least 58 people lost their lives in the floods after heavy rain hit the western provinces of Turkey’s Black Sea region on Aug. 11.
“48 citizens in Kastamonu, 9 citizens in Sinop and one citizen in Bartın lost their lives due to the flood,” Turkey’s disaster office Afad said in a statement on Aug. 15.

Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu said efforts were continuing to reach 77 missing citizens, 66 of them being in Kastamonu, the heart of the disaster. Main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP) said the number of missing people could be higher.

Defense Minister Hulusi Akar said two ships were sent to the region for the evacuation of people and vehicles in the Türkeli district of the province of Sinop. The ministry released post-disaster satellite images of the region taken from Göktürk-1.

Parliament Speaker Mustafa Şentop said it was a mistake to construct buildings by the rivers in the first place. “I hope we will learn a lesson,” he said on Aug. 14.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan addressed citizens in Kastamonu district of Bozkurt on Aug. 13.

The three provinces have been declared disaster zone to benefit from broader reconstruction funds and efforts. Erdoğan’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) postponed its 20th-anniversary celebrations scheduled for Aug. 14.
Interior Minister Soylu told journalists that the picture in Bozkurt was the heavies flood disaster that he ever witnessed.
Meanwhile, Agriculture and Forestry Minister Bekir Pakdemirli said on his Twitter account that all forest fires in the country were under control.
Many neighborhoods and districts were evacuated in the fires that occurred in Muğla, Antalya, Uşak, Adana, Isparta, Denizli and Aydın that started late last month.

Yeni yazılardan haberdar olun! Lütfen aboneliğinizi güncelleyin.

İstenmeyen posta göndermiyoruz! Daha fazla bilgi için gizlilik politikamızı okuyun.

Aboneliğinizi onaylamak için gelen veya istenmeyen posta kutunuzu kontrol edin.

Tagged under: Bardın, bozkurt, flood, forest feires, kastamonu, Sinop

What you can read next

From 1910 to 2024: Is Türkiye on the brink of another dog masacre?
Will corona outbreak fade out as it gets warmer?
Government must allow Unions to fight against Corona
  • Two Messages from Ankara to Israel: We Won’t Take the Bait, We Won’t Allow It21 August 2026
  • Erdoğan’s Messages to Trump: “Stop Israel” and “We Will Not Shy Away from War”19 August 2026
  • Parliament approves “Terror-Free Türkiye” roadmap law by a clear majority11 August 2026
  • Topics the Government Needs to Clarify Regarding the Mecca Agreement9 August 2026
  • The Middle East Is Being Reshaped: The Türkiye–Saudi Arabia–Pakistan Triangle9 August 2026
  • Thanks to Israel, the U.S. is no longer the Arab monarchies’ insurance policy against Iran5 August 2026
  • Özgür Özel Leaves CHP to Form a New Party21 July 2026
  • Russia-China Meeting in Ankara and Fidan’s Visit to Ukraine15 July 2026
  • Erdoğan Expects Trump to Keep His Word, Trump Expects Europe to Keep Theirs8 July 2026
  • Ankara Summit Marks the Birth of NATO’s New Cold War Era7 July 2026
Search the news archive...

Politics

Economy

Life

Writers

Archive

Türkçe

About

Impressum

FAQ

Advertising

Contact

Made with ♥ by tbtcreative.com © 2022 yetkinreport.com All rights reserved.

Yetkin Report     ·      Help     ·      User Agreement     ·      Legal

TOP